October is a big month for us here at Topel’s Towing & Service Center. Not only is it Car Care Awareness month, it is also Breast Cancer Awareness month. We want you to know how important it is to take care of your car. Sarah Garde wants you to know how important it is to take care of your body. This month we are joining Sarah in her fight against Breast Cancer.
Here is Sarah's Story:
Sarah Garde is 33 years old. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in May 0f 2012. She is a single mother of a 5 year old girl, Vivian.
Sarah us unable to work due to surgery and treatments.
- Had a double mastectomy in June
- Out of 16 lymphoids 3 were infected with cancer
- The tumor measured 3 inches in diameter
- Has had 4 treatments of A-C chemotherapy (considered the "Red Devil" of Chemo), a single strong double dose of chemo drubs
- On her second cycle of 12 more chemo treatments, which continue until Christmas
- After that, will start her 33 radiation treatments (five days a week) that will last another 6 1/2 weeks
- Then will have to wait 6 months after radiation to be able to go through reconstruction
- Will have to be on a hormone replacement pill for the next 5 years.
THIS IS WHY SARAH WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW HER STORY...
BECAUSE IT CAN HAPPEN SO QUICKLY.
"It's a great feeling to have the support of not only my family and friends, but also my community."
Sarah replied after a fundraiser for her at the Pine Cone Restaurant.
"Cancer can be a traumatic event for anyone of any age. The thing people forget is that everyone around a person with cancer is also affected. A huge thank you to everyone who has been affected by my cancer and supported me with selfless acts of kindness, inspirational cards, financial contributions, laughter, and love."
From October 10-November 15, 2012,
we are offering up some specials to our valued customers.
$1/Vehicle will be donated
1% of all sales in October and November
For our Customers: (offers cannot be combined)
$5 off Any Visit
$300.01 and up….20% off
Call today to reserve your appointment time!